Saviors Repair specializes in light, medium and heavy-duty truck and trailer repair in Pearland, Texas.
Standing behind years of hands-on experience diagnosing and repairing all automotive makes such as Kenworth, Freightliner, Ford, Chevrolet, and box trucks, the Saviors Repair staff treat every truck that enters our shop like our own, providing comprehensive and complete care.
We are looking for a talented Diesel Mechanic to join our team! This job posting is open to the best and the brightest so if you are the best at what you do, we'd love to chat.
This role is responsible for:
- Perform routine maintenance, scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), and follow up repairs.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using various diagnostic tools to test vehicle components such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Thoroughly and accurately document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed
- Accurately complete all forms and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage your own daily schedule with a high level of productivity
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include:
- 3 years experience as a class 6-8 trucks light and heavy diesel mechanic
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, punctual, safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Full Time, Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Work/Life Balance
- Vacation Pay
Interested mechanics should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT apply in person.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Salary Range: $22-$38/hr